Sunday

What's going on in the PR332 blogging world...

So while I normally discuss the different types of PR, I thought it would be beneficial to take a look at fellow student's blogs, allowing me to not only see what other people are talking about, but also get another perspective into the very complex field. 

The first blog I chose is actually of the student I sit behind and have numerous classes with.  She is exposed to the same things I am during our PR classes, so i thought it would interesting to see how she was interpreting not only what we've been learning, but the PR world.  When I started to read Paige's blog post, I was immediately intrigued by her topic, FASHION!  I, like just about every other 21 year old girl in America, am immediately attracted to anything having to do with fashion and dropping the designer, Tory Burch's, name is a great way to keep me around.  After finishing the blog entry though, I will admit I was quite impressed by what she had written.  While I'm aware research is used in all different manners, the way she applied it to her example of rain boots really made it stick.  I appreciated the way she broke down what research would needed to be done and why it should be done.

For the second blog, I chose another fellow student who was also writing about the fashion aspect of PR in order to make further comparisons.  In Kayla's blog, she focused specifically on the store Lovely Bridal Shop.  My sister is currently engaged and being the maid of honor, this link and topic was something which applied directly to my life.  I enjoyed how she applied research to the different aspects of the store.  From advertising, to how the store should function, to what specific demographic is desired, Kayla did a good job explaining why research would be needed and how to conduct the actual research.

Overall, I'm glad I took my professor's advice to look at other student's blogs.  It allowed me to compare my thoughts to theirs and see things from a different perspective, widening my knowledge and solidifying the ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment